It's Hard to be a Parent!
This page will offer websites to articles or general information that may assist parents in a variety of areas. Sometimes we just need to know it's not just us! I will be adding websites and information as I come across them throughout the year. And if you are looking for information or guidance in something please let me know and I will see what I can find and provide.
- 25 Ways to ask your child how their day was. Many times we are told, "fine." This may be a way to get some important
- Sleep is so important for our students and here is a research study emphasizing that particularly with our little ones.
- Though this is not a counseling issue, unfortunately dealing with lice can make us all lose sleep. Read the site for some helpful hints.
- It's hard to be a parent so sometimes we just need a reminder to keep things in perspective. Read these 7 secrets of highly happy children.
- A letter to parents of small children
- A great article on the use of smart phones and tablets for our youngest children
- We all want our children to become great adults and leaders some day, here is an article discussing what we might be doing as parents to prevent this from occurring.
- I came across this video today, asking if parents are stressing their kids out. It gives some great things to watch out for, to see if maybe your child is suffering from anxiety or stress. Often times we over schedule our children and this talks about ways to make sure we haven't done that.
- All too often counselors are asked to speak to students as young as 3 and throughout high school to speak to students regarding anxiety and/or stress. Research has shown since the early 1900's that coloring can relieve stress and anxiety. Check out the following video on why it works https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/11786912_972287619479383_1491826334_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjM3OSwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&oh=52bdb386e506c4f16ca2080813a5ab78&oe=55BFC3E5 and then click on this link to download some free coloring sheets and remember it's not just for kids this is great for parents and adults too http://printmandala.com/
- We all want to establish a strong bond with our child to let them know we are here for them. Here's one way to help your student out of a sticky situation by sending a text message.